Saturday, August 25, 2012

STORY TODAY:: MY MUM'S ADVICE


As a child i thought my mum hated me because i was always the one shouted at the most, which made growing up very annoying for me but i finally realized she meant well for me.
It was a Saturday evening in my humble home J ;; Chidinma—chidinma that was my mum calling out—yes mummy ,am coming i answered.
I want you to go to aunty Ngozi’s shop(her friend that sells shoes and handbag) and collect the pair of  slippers and shoes i bought from her, i have already informed her you are coming so be very careful when crossing the road oh(she started telling me the rules of crossing ,,look left then right and then left again), okay mummy i have heard will be back be before u know it..
Egbeda, Idimu, Ikotun that was the voice of the conductor calling out for passengers, i asked him egbeda bus-stop and he shouted in his thick voice cracked out of ogogoro ,,hold your thirty naira change oh..i no get change(they never have change lol).,
Egbeda wa oo..i said in my tiny innocent voice(i neva sabi anytin that time lol)....Aunty good evening i greeted having reached her shop, my dear how are you and how is school, hope you are reading well so u can make us proud...yes ma am trying my best ma.
I sat down staring at the woman from her face right down to her toes, i kept wondering why she looked so red and her veins appeared green..would ask mum when i get home thank God mummy is sweet chocolate i thought..chidinma she called me bringing me back from my thoughts, give your mum her foot wears and say hello to her when you get home..take care dear,, bye bye ma.
I took to the road strolling down to the bus-stop ,, as a beautiful growing teenager  i got some winks and signalling from guys but ignored them, mtchewwwww i hissed at them.
I finally got to the bus-stop  and boarded a bus home, inside the bus the conductor got into an argument with a passenger over torn money issue,, conductor i no fit collect this money and he replied i resemble CBN wey dey produce money abi i get money factory..
Last bus stop le  leyi gbogbo ero bole (this is the last bus-stop all passengers alight) the passenger called out, we got down and i strolled back home.
Halfway home i paused, looked at myself from head to toe, turned around and shouted BLOOD OF JESUS... guess what , i actually FORGOT the leather bag containing the footwears in the bus. What the heck was i thinking?? OMG am dead today...what will i tell mummy?? No wonder she always she am so forgetful and nonchalant..i thought
I got home and stepped into the sitting room with a straight and confused face and to top it all empty-handed, chidinma you are back? Where are the shoes? You didn’t meet her or what?? The questions flooded in confused which to answer first. i... i.. i..(i turn stammerer by force ). When i ... came down from the bus i now i now ,,i forgot it inside the bus..
What???? This child will not kill me she shouted... she dashed towards me and landed a hot slap on my face which sent me to wonderland (I actually met Alice there..lol..) and ran to my room and banged the door behind me.. after that slap i took to my comforter(bed and pillow) and slept off refusing dinner ..
I woke up at about few minutes past 12 as hungry as a lion, i tiptoed to the kitchen and ate to my satisfaction making sure my siblings don’t catch me  and mock me after forming not eating.
And today am benefiting from the shouts and advice on forgetfulness  i got from mum..it has really played a vital role in my life and am hoping one day i get to buy her uncountable foot wears..
Thanks MUMMY ....I LOVE YOU...

8 comments:

  1. babe i remember dose days,i use 2 be ur shelter n d tyme of storm. hehehehehhehhehheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Laff wan burst my belle* U mean.....so u mean dat slap actually gave u a return ticket 2 wondaland?? Sote u even meet Alice there join....lmao!!
    I'm jus discoverin u'v got a real sense of humour.
    Chidinma keep it up u jus earned urself a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..yea..tanx emeka for the comment...will really love to see more of you on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmao...but how can u...dnt mind me o.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeyaa.. That's the difference btw a woman and a mum, "the slap"! Lol.. The lessons hard learnt. And am sure yu'll be checking yurself twice b4 coming down from any bus|taxi from that day forth..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny mma,didnt know u had dis great sense of humour,and indeed u write beautifully.kip it up.oby

    ReplyDelete